End of Year Reflections + A Summer Sale

December 27, 2013


As 2013 draws to a close I am spending my days reflecting on the year that has passed and what I would like to achieve in 2014, both personally and for Rabbit & the Duck. It's been quite a year! The biggest event by far was packing up my life in Melbourne and finding a new home in the beautiful hinterland of northern NSW. This move has been a catalyst for many other changes in my life and I feel so grateful and happy to be where I am. 

A lot has changed for Rabbit & the Duck, too. One year ago I was busy planning a new range of handmade wares, and on a whim I ordered a box of washi masking tape to pop in my online store while I worked away behind the scenes on the sewing machine. That decision set in motion a series of events that saw more and more supplies and other crafty things being added to the store, a direction I could not have imagined for Rabbit & the Duck even 12 months ago. How quickly things can change!

As I cleaned and organised the studio last week, I found myself packing away my sewing machine and my fabric stash. It is with a mix of sadness and excitement that I made the decision not to continue our range of handmade purses, pouches + homewares in 2014. These products have been part of the Rabbit & the Duck story since the very beginning, but I feel in my heart that it is time for new adventures. 

I am now busy ordering many wonderful new products for the store, and cannot wait to share them with you! Our new look online store will be launched in January, but in the meantime, we need to make space for all the lovely new things that are starting to arrive. You will currently find our entire range of handmade wares on sale for 30% off. There are also a few other selected items on sale. Pop to our online store to see the full range of sale products. 

I would also like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported Rabbit & the Duck this past year - whether purchasing something online, at a market, or sharing our story with your friends. I really do feel I have the best customers in the world, so thank you, thank you, thank you for being a part of the Rabbit & the Duck journey.

Happy New Year!

xx Shannon. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Shannon, I just found you through Etsy and was over the moon when I discovered your in Uki.I moved to Tasmania last August from Uki after living there for the last 9 years. I have been alittle homesick laterly and really enjoyed being taken back to Uki through your posts. My husband worked in the sawmill were you got your firewood from alongside his uncle(the owner) for 19 years. It is truly a magical place and Im sure you will love living there.
    Welcome to Uki.

    Tania...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment, what a small world it is! I have been living in Uki for almost 12 months now and it really is a special place. The community has been so welcoming, I really do love living here. If you are ever back up this way please get in touch and perhaps we can share a chai at the Saturday market : )
      Shannon.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment - we read each and every one and will try our best to respond back.

All comments are moderated by the author, please be patient for your comment to appear and please only submit your comment once.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger